Chesterfield FC Code of Conduct 2018/19
Prior to signing this Code of Conduct and registering the player at its football academy, full discussion has taken place and agreement has been reached between the football academy, the player and the parents/guardians as to the educational, technical and match programme to be provided by the football academy to the player.
The player has the potential to become a footballer at the highest level and will be registered as a player at the football academy.
Both the player and the player's parents/guardians understand that the club is committed to the player's wellbeing, future development and realisation of potential, but that the level of achievement ultimately reached cannot be guaranteed.
In registering the player at its football academy, the club, the parents/guardians and the player agree to the following Code of Conduct.
The football club agrees to provide: -
- A safe environment in which the player can learn and develop without fear of abuse.
- Medical monitoring and support for the player.
- A structured football learning programme, appropriate to the age, ability and growth of the player.
- Participation in football matches arranged or approved by the EFL.
- Trained, screened and qualified coaching and other staff and facilities as determined by the rules and regulations governing football academies.
- Guidelines to the player and parents/guardians on the best ways for them to contribute to the Player's football and personal development.
- To ensure the continued academic and personal development of the player.
- Regular communication and reports to the player and parents/guardians on the player's progress.
- A Code of Conduct and rules for its football academy.
The player agrees to: -
- Attend the Football Academy regularly and punctually, behave with self-discipline and give notice of and reasons for any absence.
- Practice the techniques and skills taught by the Football Academy and attempt to apply them in matches.
- Participate in authorised football matches outside normal school hours as specified by the Football Academy.
- Attend College regularly and punctually, complete college assignments and behave at college as at the Football Academy.
- Follow a lifestyle appropriate to development — spending leisure time positively; eating, drinking, relaxing and sleeping sensibly.
- Adhere to the Club's Code of Conduct and Rules for its Football Academy.
The parents/guardians agree to: -
- Encourage and help the player meet targets, including this Code of Conduct and the club’s Code of Conduct and rules for its football academy.
- Support the player without pressure, praise good work and refrain from criticising lapses.
- Set a good example to the player.
- Respect the opportunity given to the player and not approach or permit any other person to approach any other club during the currency of this registration except as allowed under the rules and regulations governing football academies.
- Communicate with the football academy staff, keeping them informed about matters affecting the player.
- Permit the player to play only in football matches outside normal school hours as specified by the football academy.
- Adhere to the club's code of conduct and rules for its football academy.