Senior club officials have decided to take a number of precautionary measures in the light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The following measures are being implemented with immediate effect until further notice:
- Players will be closely monitored for symptoms by medical staff.
- Players will have reduced contact with the general public and will not be using communal gyms.
- Players will not take part in any community-based activity, including school visits.
- Club mascot Chester the field mouse will be retired for the rest of the season.
- Sponsors will not be permitted to access the tunnel on matchdays or go out on the pitch.
- There will be no matchday mascots for the rest of the season.
Club secretary Ashley Carson said: “Safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our players, management, employees, supporters and members of the community is of paramount importance and that it why these measures have been taken.
“We hope that anyone affected by any of these temporary steps will understand the reason for implementing them. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and be guided by the authorities.”
The following advice is provide by the NHS:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. Catch it, bin it, kill it
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Please click here for further guidance.