The following information will be of use to those supporters who are travelling to Bromley on Saturday...
Bromley Football Club
Leave the M25 at Junction 4 and take the A21 towards Bromley and London. After five miles, turn left at the traffic lights onto the A232 towards Croydon/Sutton. At the second set of traffic lights turn right into Baston Road (B265). Continue straight on this road through Hayes. The road becomes Hayes Lane and after the mini roundabout, the entrance to the ground is down on the right.
Traffic Commissioners guidelines - are followed as a matter of course.
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which :-
is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than 8 passengers (i.e., mini – bus) and ;
is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach Operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches :-
- Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local Police Liaison Officer.
- Unless directed otherwise by a Police Officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
- Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
- Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
- Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The Commissioner has powers to attach conditions to Operators’ Licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between Operators and Police.
The Police have been asked to notify the Commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.
Away fans information:
There is a small car park at the ground which costs £2, otherwise street parking is available.
Bromley South Railway Station is located around a mile away from the ground. It is served by trains from London Victoria and is around a 15-20 minute walk.
On exiting the main entrance, turn left and walk down the High Street. On reaching a set of traffic lights, turn right into Westmoreland Road. Just after passing a church on the left, turn left into Hayes Road. Follow Hayes Road until your each its end (about half a mile) where you will reach a junction that has a mini roundabout. Turn right here into Hayes Lane. The entrance to the ground is a little further up Hayes Lane on the left.
The number 119 bus (towards Croydon) from Bromley South Station goes right past the ground and runs every ten minutes or so.
Further information available via these links: