A part-time physiotherapist/sports therapist is required to join the growing academy medical department.
Successful applicants will be required to partake in a flexible rota which aims to cover weekday evening training sessions, matchdays on Sunday mornings (home only), as well as tournaments (national and international).
This role is perfect for a physiotherapist/sports therapist looking to work in sport or develop their current sporting background.
Please note the vacancy is specific to qualified physiotherapists/sports therapists only.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide standard pitch-side first aid when required for matches and training sessions.
- Carry out on pitch/pitch-side assessment and deliver treatment to injured players.
- Know and understand the emergency medical procedures that are in place during a match or training session.
- Rehabilitate players with the guidance of full-time staff where necessary.
- Update all injuries, treatments and rehabilitation onto the online notes system.
- Report to Head of Medical following each match and training session.
- Hold relevant first aid qualifications and to ensure that you work within your scope of practice.
Qualified physiotherapist/sports therapist
Previous experience working within sporting (volunteer or paid).
FA Safeguarding Children (can be provided to right applicant).
Experience using PMA.
Under 9s to Under 16s training sessions will be held at St George's Park Sheffield Graves/Gosforth Fields, Dronfield.
Games Programme for all age groups will be held at Warminster Road, Sheffield.
We will provide the successful candidate with training kit and medical supplies. There will be opportunities for Continued Professional Development (CPD) throughout the season.
Salary: Per session £25/£50 (double session).
Hours: Commencing September 2019 - Monday, 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Thursday: 5.45pm to 7pm
Friday: 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Opportunity for further cover of youth games/training
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Interview date commence: Tuesday, July 23, 2019