A reminder that an event to remember the late Kevin Randall, featuring a host of former Spireites stars, will take place at the Proact next Tuesday evening.
Tuesday, August 20, 2019
SBK Computers Spires Restaurant, Proact Stadium
£5 per ticket
This season sees the 50th anniversary of the 1969/70 & the 35th anniversary of the 1984/85 Division Four championship-winning seasons and the 25th anniversary of the 1994/95 Division Three play-off victory.
One person was involved in all three of those memorable seasons: Kevin Randall. As a key player in the first of those seasons, a coach in the second and assistant manager in the third, Kevin could proudly claim to be the only man ever to be involved with three Spireites promotions.
So, what better to celebrate his life than to chat to his colleagues about those three seasons, and what better than hold it on August 20, what would have been Kevin’s 74th birthday.
The event, which is being organised by the Chesterfield FC Former Players Association, with all proceeds going to them, can confirm the attendance of the following former Spireites:
1969/70 - Tom Fenoughty, Peter Bishop, Roy Hickton, Alan Stevenson, Albert Holmes, Dave Pugh & Martin Wright.
1984/85 - Phil Brown, Sean O'Neill, Steve Baines, Brian Ferguson, Chris Marples, Les Hunter & Jim Brown.
1994/95 - Jamie Hewitt, Mark Jules, Tony Lormor & Lee Rogers.
Plus former manager & friend of Kevin, John Duncan.
Entry is by ticket only and they can be bought online here. Attendance is limited, so don’t leave it too late to book for this superb commemoration event.
Chesterfield FC Former Players Association aims are:
• To promote the tradition of Chesterfield Football Club and to foster the spirit of Fellowship, Sportsmanship and Goodwill among former players, their families and their supporters.
• To support social interaction among members and between members and Club supporters.
• To promote pastoral support and practical assistance to members in need.
• To help secure the history and heritage of the Club.
• To work with the Club in supporting and promoting events.
• To support the Chesterfield FC Community Trust in delivering projects that benefit the local community.