Information from Thames Valley Police for theaway fixture at Maidenhead United FC on Tuesday (7.45pm).
Maidenhead United Football Club
Telephone: 01628 636314
Maidenhead United Football Club - Away Supporters Coach directions & information 2019/20
Away Supporter Coach Parking at Maidenhead United
There is no coach parking at the stadium.
Free coach parking is available at the nearby Oldfield Primary School. Post Code: SL6 1UE. There’s availability for five/six coaches at this location.
*Operators/Organisers are requested to drop off at the Railway Bridge on King Street (Railway Station). Post Code for Station approach is SL6 1DP.
The away section entrance/turnstiles are accessed via Bell Street, opposite the railway station. (Adjacent to the Travelodge Hotel)
Traffic Commissioners guidelines
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which:
is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than eight passengers (ie mini – bus) and;
is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach Operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches:
- Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local Police Liaison Officer.
- Unless directed otherwise by a Police Officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
- Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
- Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
- Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The Commissioner has powers to attach conditions to Operators’ Licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between Operators and Police.
The Police have been asked to notify the Commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.
Away fans information: This is a segregated fixture with the Chesterfield fans located at the Bell Street end of the stadium.
Car Parking at the ground is strictly limited to the players and officials of each club on matchdays.
There is no street parking close to the ground, so you are recommended to use the municipal car parks located in the town centre: Town Hall, Stafferton Way, Grove Road, West Street and the Broadway car parks.
These are all within five minutes’ walk of York Road, Maidenhead United FC.
Maidenhead Railway Station is located less than half a mile away from the York Road Ground and is only a five-minute walk to the Bell Street turnstiles or ten minutes to the main entrance of the club.
The station is served by trains from London Paddington, Oxford and Reading.
Further Information via this link: