Information received from Gloucestershire Police for our away fixture at Cheltenham Town, tomorrow (Saturday), 3pm.
Leave the M5 at junction 10 and take the A4019 towards Cheltenham.
Keep straight on through the traffic lights, until you come to large roundabout (there is a McDonalds on the left), at which you turn turn left. Continue up this road going over a double mini roundabout. =Keep going for about 300 yards and then turn right into Swindon Lane.
Go over the level crossing and straight over the next roundabout (signposted Prestbury) passing the race course on your left.
Turn right into Albert Road (signposted Gloucestershire University) and at the bottom at the roundabout turn left into Prestbury Road, (the ground is signposted from here) and then further down Prestbury Road, turn right into Whaddon Road. The LCI Rail Stadium is down on the left.
Coaches are to drop off supporters and park at Cheltenham Racecourse and are to return to be outside the away exit on Whaddon Road no later than 4.30pm. The racecourse park and ride car park will be back open on Saturday so it will be able to accommodate a number of coaches.
Traffic Commissioners guidelines - are followed as a matter of cause.
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which :-
- Is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than 8 passengers (i.e., mini – bus) and ;
- Is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach Operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches:-
1. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local Police Liaison Officer.
2. Unless directed otherwise by a Police Officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
3. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
4. Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
5. Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The commissioner has powers to attach conditions to operators’ licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between operators and police.
The Police have been asked to notify the commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.
Away fans information
Away fans - Hazlewoods Stand
The Whaddon Road End of the ground was re-developed in 2005 with the creation of the Hazlewoods Stand, which has 1,100 seats. Away fans are placed in this part of the stadium.
Car parking is limited at the LCI Rail Stadium, but you can pre-book a car park space on a matchday by contacting the Ticket Office on 01242 573558 (selecting option 1).
Matchday parking does cost £5 per vehicle. Street parking in the immediate vicinity is also restricted.
Disabled Supporters Information & Car Parking
CTFC also have a limited number of disabled spaces available. Contact Jennie Thomas on 01242 588101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Away disabled supporters who require a wheelchair space will need to book these in advance, this can be done by contacting their own ticket office (if allocation has been sent) or alternatively contacting the ticket office on 01242 573558, option 1.
Away supporters who are ambulant can pay on the day of the game at the turnstiles with cash or just buy an advanced ticket through their respect ticket office (if allocation is sent).
If paying by card away supporters will have to go to the ticket office on the day of the game.
Nearest train station: Cheltenham Spa Railway Station - Frequent train routes run between Cheltenham and Gloucester, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and London.
To get to the town centre from Cheltenham Spa railway station you can either walk (approximately 20 minutes), get the Stagecoach D bus (departs every 10 minutes during peak times) or get a taxi (there is a taxi rank at the station).
Further information is available via these links:-