There is a vacancy for a head chef to work in the award-winning conference & banqueting department at the Proact Stadium.
Job Title: Head Chef
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience
Hours of Work: Full-time
Chesterfield Football Club are seeking an experienced and suitably qualified head chef to organise the kitchen facilities at the Proact Stadium. The successful candidate will control the kitchen facilities and will create and inspect all dishes before they arrive at the customers, ensuring the Proact Stadium remains renowned for quality and contentment.
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities.
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring a wide variety of choice and retaining our current high standards.
- Approve and refine dishes before they reach the customer.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Arrange for repairs as necessary.
- Remedy any problems and defects.
- Responsible for hiring, managing and training all kitchen staff.
- Oversee the work of staff.
- Control staff workload and salaries and work within agreed budgets.
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance records.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Foster a climate of co-operation and mutual respect amongst co-workers.
- Proven experience as a head chef.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.
- Good understanding of necessary computer programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Credentials in Health and Safety and Environmental Health training.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you possess the necessary skill sets for this position, then please forward your CV and letter of application to Michael Dunford, chief executive, by email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, January 12, 2018. Initial interviews will be held the w/c January 22. Any applicant who has not heard by Friday, January 19 can assume they have not been shortlisted for an interview.