Information received from Cumbria Police & Barrow AFC for tonight's game at Barrow:
Furness Building Society Stadium
Barrow in Furness
From the Motorway M6
M6 Junction 36, onto A590 signposted Barrow. Follow A590 all the way to the outskirts of Barrow, entering via industrial route towards the Town Centre. Passing the fire station on the right, take the next left into Wilkie Road. The ground is on the right hand side. Post code for Sat-Nav is LA14 5UW.
COACH / CAR PARKING
Coaches will be directed by stewards on arrival at Holker Street.
Traffic Commissioners guidelines - are followed as a matter of cause.
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which :-
is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than 8 passengers (i.e., mini – bus) and ;
is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach Operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches :-
1. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local Police Liaison Officer.
2. Unless directed otherwise by a Police Officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
3. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
4. Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
5. Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The Commissioner has powers to attach conditions to Operators’ Licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between Operators and Police.
The Police have been asked to notify the Commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.
Away fans information
Train: Nearest Station, Barrow-in-Furness. On leaving the station, exit onto Holker Street. Turn right and ground is approximately 1/2 mile on the left.
Accommodation for away supporters
Away fans will generally be accommodated in the corner of the Holker Street End using entrance E and F (see below picture). This is standing terracing although elderly and disabled will be accommodated in the Main Stand at the discretion of the stewards.
The away end can accommodate upto 500 supporters but can be extended to the full Holker Street End, which holds approx 1,000.