The Chesterfield FC academy medical department is seeking part-time physiotherapy staff to join their growing team.
Successful applicants will be required to partake in a flexible rota which aims to cover weekday evening training sessions, matchdays on Sunday mornings (home only), as well as tournaments (national and international).
This role is perfect for physiotherapists looking to work in sport or develop their current sporting background. Please note the vacancy is specific to qualified physiotherapists/sports therapist only.
The key responsibilities are to:
- Provide standard pitch-side first aid when required for matches and training sessions .
- Carry out pitch/pitch-side assessment and deliver treatment to injured players.
- To know and understand the emergency medical procedures that are in place during a match or training session.
- Rehabilitate players with the guidance of full-time staff where necessary
- Update all injuries, treatments and rehabilitation onto the online notes system
- Report to head of medical following each match and training session
- To hold relevant first aid qualifications and to ensure that you work within your scope of practice.
Chartered physiotherapist HCPC and CSP registered
Up to date Emergency Sports First Aid Certificate
Previous experience working within sporting (volunteer or paid)
FA Safeguarding Children (can be provided to right applicant)
Experience using PMA
Training sessions will be held at St George's Park, Sheffield.
Matches will be held at either Sheffield Park Academy or Norton playing fields on Warminster Road.
The successful candidates will be provided with training kit and medical supplies. There is opportunity for Continued Professional Development (CPD).
Salary: Per session (competitive)
Closing date for applications: Friday, April 20, 2018
Interview date commence: Week commencing April 23, 2018
Please send all CV and relevant details to Liam Booth (academy physiotherapist), headed APPLICATION FOR PART TIME PHYSIOTHERAPIST, to: firstname.lastname@example.org