Derbyshire and Humberside Police are requesting that any independent Chesterfield supporter groups travelling by coach or mini-bus to Saturday's fixture with Grimsby Town, contact them for parking and stadium access information.
Supporters are advised to call 0300 122 5355 / 8267 during office hours, or 101 and ask to speak to PC Dave Wright, in the Central Football Unit.
Alternatively, they can e-mail email@example.com.
A reminder that Traffic Commissioners Guidelines are to be adhered to: -
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which :-
- Is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than 8 passengers (i.e., mini–bus).
- Is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches :-
1. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local police liaison officer.
2. Unless directed otherwise by a police officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
3. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
4. Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
5. Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The commissioner has powers to attach conditions to operators’ licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between operators and police.
The police have been asked to notify the commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.