Information received from Northamptonshire Police for the Northampton Town v Chesterfield, League One fixture on Saturday, February 11.
NORTHAMPTON TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED
Tel : 01604 683700
Directions to Sixfields Stadium
POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - NN5 5QA
Via M.1 Motorway – Leave motorway at Junction 15A, Rothersthorpe Services, follow signs for Sixfields Leisure.
Coach Operators – Travel Instructions
On arrival at Sixfields, supporter’s coaches will be met by stewards and directed to parking areas.
Drivers must return to their vehicles 15 minutes before final whistle.
It is possible to cater for 4 supporter’s coaches.
Generally there will be no escorting of supporters coaches by police pre or post-match.
Coach Drivers & Operators are requested to comply with the guidelines issued by the Traffic Commissioners.
1. Coaches must not arrive earlier than two hours before the scheduled kick off time and no later than one hour before kick-off time.
2. Coach operators must not stop within 10 miles of their final destination.
3. Departure must be within one hour of the final whistle.
4. Coaches must not stop at any premise where intoxicating liquor is available.
5. Coaches must not carry any alcohol.
Coach operators are reminded of the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986 which prohibits alcohol on a vehicle, which:
a) Is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle which is adapted to carry more than 8 passengers, (i.e. a mini bus) and,
b) Is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Away fans are located in the South Stand at Sixfields
Further Information is available via these links: