Saturday's game against Port Vale has been designated 'Ernie Moss Day' to honour the Spireites legend and record goalscorer, who is suffering from a form of dementia. Don't miss out on the following:
- Matchday programme featuring tributes to Ernie and a montage of Ernie photos on the cover, priced at £3.
- Limited edition t-shirt on sale in the Club Superstore, featuring a 'Badly Drawn Spires' image of Ernie on the front and '8' on the back. Available in various sizes at a cost of £10.
- Limited edition wristbands on sale in the Club Superstore, featuring the inscription: 'Ernie Moss Day 2017'. Available for a minimum donation of £1.
- Brampton Brewery's special 'Ernie 8' ale will be on sale.
- Ernie will take the matchball to the centre circle before the match and be introduced to the crowd.
- Supporters will be asked to applaud Ernie after eight minutes have been played in recognition of his shirt number.
Valuable funds will be raised for the Alzheimer’s Society through the sale of the t-shirts and wristbands, together with a bucket collection on the day.
Now 67, Ernie is Chesterfield’s record goalscorer, scoring a total of 191 goals over three spells with the club. He netted 23 times for Port Vale in 74 appearances.