Derbyshire health leaders have invited residents to an event at the Proact Stadium that will explain a new approach to end-of-life care.The session, which is being held this Wednesday, will show how health and social care professionals will work together to deliver compassionate care which is tailored to the individual needs of the patient.
- The possibility that a person may die within the coming days and hours is recognised and communicated clearly, decisions about care made in accordance with the person's needs and wishes, and these are reviewed and revised regularly by doctors and nurses.
- Sensitive communication takes place between staff and the person who is dying and those important to them.
- The dying person, and those identified as important to them, are involved in decisions about treatment and care.
- The people important to the dying person are listened to and their needs are respected.
- Care is tailored to the individual and delivered with compassion - with an individual care plan in place.