This is a new and innovative way of our professional club forming a solid and transparent link and relationship with your grassroots club. We believe our philosophy of developing young players through education of football while adding social and life skills in to the mix can be hugely beneficial.
With this in mind we feel each and every player should find enjoyment in their football and YES they should be able to play in an environment within grassroots that enables them to be part of Academy Standard football but also have the opportunity to experience life within grassroots. By working together, we can find give every player this opportunity.
What does a relationship look like between grassroots and a Professional Club
Chesterfield FC are at the dawn of a new era in youth football.
Imagine the scenario of a professional club who scout, develop and promote players to an Academy allowing and encouraging players to play grassroots football while involved in a Football Development School Programme feeding directly in to the Academy at our club.
We as a club would like to partner with grassroots club to help in the following areas and to provide support in:
• Community Days where tickets are given to the Football Development School players and our grassroots partners
• Help and advice in coaching the players we have and that are with your grassroots clubs by CFC Football Development Schools holding regular Coaching Seminars, so everyone from coaches to parents to players benefit from a standard of coaching
• Friendlies between grassroots and the Football Development Schools on a regular basis
• Top quality coaching for the players we accept in to our Development Programme with support for the player to provide a best of both worlds approach which includes him playing/training grassroots and in our FDS Programme
• Developing strong links with clubs so that they have an option to use the stadium to house presentations, end of season parties, fundraisers etc
• Develop Communication Links with Clubs to help players progress
• Every club we partner with has the opportunity to play Futsal at our Leeds FDS home, this is a purpose built arena and ideal for player development. Saturdays Mornings in Leeds
Naturally, we will scout players and approach players as a club but with a long term viewpoint and not a view that we can see a player and his abilities in 6 weeks.
Our Viewpoint is to:
1. Encourage confidence
2. Develop existing talent
3. Continually improve players over a 48 week programme
4. Encourage grassroots football
5. Build an environment that works in tandem with each other, parents, players, managers, scouts, coaches. In fact any person who may have a hand in the education, development and success of the player/young person.
6. To engage the player and everyone concerned in a player sensitive and positive environment to develops a person both on and off the pitch
We will at some point wish for a player to enter our Academy system but this is dependent purely on one thing. When is right for the player. We take in to account the timing during the season, life at home and what tools has the player got in his tool kit to ensure he stays within the Academy system long enough for him to have the very best chance of success.
email@example.comWe believe in this new and innovative approach. If you wish to be a part of this please contact me at: