Chesterfield FC Equality Statement
1. Chesterfield Football Club recognises that we live in a society where discrimination still operates to the disadvantage of many groups in society.
2. The Club believes that all persons should have equal rights to recognition of their human dignity, and to have equal opportunities to be educated, to work, receive services and to participate in society.
3. The Club is committed to the promotion of equality within the Club, and affiliated organisations, through the way we manage the club and provide services to fans, customers, partners and the community. In order to express this commitment, we develop, promote and maintain policies that will be conductive to the principles of fairness and equality in the workplace.
4. Chesterfield FC’s commitment is to promote inclusion and to confront and eliminate discrimination whether by reason of age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status or civil partnership race, nationality, ethnicity (race), religion or belief, ability or disability, pregnancy and maternity and to encourage equal opportunities. These are known as ‘protected characteristics’ under the Equality Act 2010.
5. The Club also commits not to discriminate on the grounds of political beliefs or trade union membership, class, responsibility for dependents, physical attributes, ex-offender status as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, lack of formal qualifications where such qualifications are not formally required, or any other grounds which cannot be shown to be justifiable within the context of this statement.
6. This statement will influence and affect every aspect of services offered out by the Club not just match days.
7. In the provision of services and the employment of staff and use of volunteers, the Club is committed to promoting equal opportunities for everyone. Throughout its activities, the Trust will treat all people equally whether they are:
• Attending matches.
• Attending events.
• Using our facilities.
• Part of our football teams or Academy.
• Applying for a job or already employed by us.
• Trainees or students on work experience or placements.
8. This statement will be reviewed annually by the Board of Directors.