01724 840 139
Coach Directions to Glanford Park Stadium
Via the M1 to Junction 32 onto M18.
To Junction 5 and onto M180 to Junction 3. Then take M181 to the next and final roundabout.
Take 3rd exit to next roundabout (A18)
At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit into the Retail Park, between McDonalds and KFC to Scunthorpe United FC.
Away fans are housed in the South Stand. Coach parking is normally in the large car park to the side of the East Stand.
SUFC Stewards will direct you on the day.
Over 600 spaces are available for both home and away fans within the stadium complex priced at £3 per car. The local retail parks operate restrictions on a match day.
To book your coach in for entry please call 01724 747680.
In previous seasons there has been a charge of £10.00 per coach/bus and then a £6.00 charge for mini buses, arriving at the ground.
Coaches should not arrive earlier than 2 hours before kick-off.
Traffic Commissioners guidelines are followed as a matter of cause.
The Traffic Commissioners’ Guidelines, together with the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol) Act 1985, as amended by the Public Order Act 1986, prohibits alcohol on a vehicle which :-
is either a public service vehicle or a vehicle adapted to carry more than 8 passengers (i.e, mini – bus) and ;
is being used for the principal purpose of carrying passengers for the whole or part of a journey to or from a designated sporting event.
Coach Operators are reminded to keep to the following new guidelines when carrying supporters to and from football matches :-
1. Coaches are not to stop within 10 miles of the venue either on route to or from the event unless prior agreement is obtained from the local Police Liaison Officer.
2. Unless directed otherwise by a Police Officer, coaches may not stop at premises where intoxicating liquor is sold unless it is sold as ancillary to a substantial meal.
3. Coaches are to arrive at the venue no earlier than two hours before and not later than one hour before kick-off.
4. Coaches are not to set down or uplift passengers at any unauthorised locations without prior permission of the police.
5. Coaches must leave the venue within one hour of the finish of the event.
The Commissioner has powers to attach conditions to Operators’ Licences in relation to journeys to and from football matches, but prefers to rely on co-operation between Operators and Police.
The Police have been asked to notify the Commissioner of any incidents where the guidelines have not been followed so that he may consider whether any conditions should be imposed.
The station is over two miles away from the ground, therefore a taxi is probably the easiest way to get to the ground.
Turn left out of the station and head towards the crossroads (facing a church) and turn right into Oswald Road, going past a set of traffic lights and the Honest Lawyer and Blue Bell pubs.
At the next traffic lights turn left into Doncaster Road (where there a number of fast food outlets).
Then just go straight down this road and you will eventually reach Glanford Park on your left.
Further Information via these links:
Have a safe journey all